-->

Friday 20 April 2012

The Doctor

I have wanted a doctor's bag for quite a while now.  I like the superior functionality of it.

Doctor's bags remind me of watching TV shows like Road to Avonlea as a child where doctor's actually went to your house when you were sick instead of having to sit miserable in waiting rooms.  I would have also loved having a horse to take me to school.  I think I was born in the wrong century.  Really.  Although I will not give up running water and indoor plumbing.

After much searching on Etsy and Ebay I realized that finding a real doctor's bag used by a real doctor was way out of my price range. Argh.  So I looked farther afield for doctor's bag inspired bags.  Got many more options, still pricy.  "When will I find the bag I can afford?" I cried.

Then in the amazingness that is our tiny thrift store appeared this:



It came home with me that moment.  It has an issue with the buckle.  I think with a bit of coaxing on the part of the rise in the opening of the bag, I will be able to fix that but other wise it is clean and practically perfect.



I just need to e-mail a friend regarding cleaning the leather and it is a go!

He has a friend who is languishing away still at the Salvation Army.  Poor homeless bag.  It has been calling to me all week.  It is more of a camera bag type shape though and I am not as likely to use such a bag.  But it is so lonely.

And here is a random shot of Rupert for the day.




1 comment:

  1. That does look amazing... You'll have to tell me what you're going to use it for.

    ReplyDelete

Crafting in Progress!
Gray Cardigan
20% done!
Bubblegum Blouse
100% done!
Cranberry Skirt
70% done!