-->

Saturday 19 May 2012

Long Weekends = Sewing Fun!

So I have a confession.  I did not master the button hole last weekend.  I realized that I actually do not do the buttonholes until the finishing of the blouse.  Hello procrastination. I am your best friend.  What I did have to do was pin-tuck pleating.  This has brought out the worst in me.  Trying to get those darn seam lines straight it making me a little crazy.  I plan to try again today.  It is really sunny today so if I become insane I can go for a walk and kill the instinct to BURN IT ALL! :P

Also here is a picture of my next sewing pattern to be made.  The fabric is some cotton I was given by my Grandma before she passed away.  So real vintage fabric!


As a result I have very little to show this week.  Maybe by the end of the weekend something will have been accomplished.

On a different note. 

Hugh and I went to a really cool play last night called "Gods of Carnage".  It was one that my piano teacher was stage director for so we went to support her and had a pretty good time.  It also gave me a reason to bring out my new dress I bought from Etsy in February.


Unfortunately you cant see it because of my hair but it has the cutest peter pan collar.  When I bought the dress it was listed as a '50s style but I am thing more early '60s.  Anyway I love the yellow as it is a colour I cannot normally wear, but have always wanted too.


Now, please ignore my lack of head and check out those boots!  Those are my new Frye boots.  They are older than I am. Although not by much.  I stalked Ebay and Etsy for months to find these babies.  Finding boots that fit my calves is a trial so I was super excited to find these on Etsy.  They will be getting some TLC when I get to Comox in August by a friend of mine who is a leather worker so they will last forever!

Everyone in Prince Rupert seem to like the boots.  I have received many nice and some strange complements on them so far.  My favorite so far is this nice older woman who passed me on the sidewalk and said something like "Looking good, sexy." A strange experience.  Usually I am the person no one notices and people have a dickens of a time remembering my name. :)

Oh and finally, Check out the awesome socks.  I got these in Japan when I was last there.

Yar! There be pirates in these boots.

 PS: The cardigan is also thrifted.

 

Now for some Random Rupert!

One of the cute things about Prince Rupert is it's very casual affair with things like building codes and its affinity for random property placement.  It is not unlikely to see houses with no driveways, mountain climb like hikes up stairs to get to homes, the ability of thieves to run from rooftop to rooftop as they are so close together, wood beam foundations and random funky architecture.

This house is one of my favorites.


This is a labour of love.  There is an addition built onto the back but I love this house.  I wonder what it looks like inside...?


I imagine it is sitting on a wood beam foundation, but I can't remember.
 
And finally a little Japanese in honor of my meeting a new friend from Japan last night!

じゃね みなさん!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Crafting in Progress!
Gray Cardigan
20% done!
Bubblegum Blouse
100% done!
Cranberry Skirt
70% done!